You don’t have to stick to egg whites and a grapefruit to eat a healthy breakfast, and at Wild Eggs, your imagination can run wild! Pun intended.
Obviously, their main menu focus is the egg! So, let’s start there!
The egg can be considered a super food for several reasons:
- The quality of the protein they provide – eggs are a complete protein, meaning they contain the complete spectrum of amino acids (the protein building blocks)
- Their B-vitamin content
- Antioxidant (selenium) content
- Omega-3 content
*The nutrients are pretty evenly split between yolk and egg white, so go ahead and enjoy the yolk!
For eggs, one the best options at Wild Eggs is a “Build Your Own” Omelet. The goal: To pile on as many veggies as you can! And don’t feel like you have to skip the cheese. There is a place for dairy in your diet – cheese can be nutrient rich but also calorie dense. So, the best thing to do is to pick a very flavorful cheese and use less of it! My personal favorite…Feta.
Now, if you want to get fancy with your eggs, try a frittata. Jimmy the Greek is your best option! And feel free to go crazy with the Bennies (but ask your waiter to go light on the hollandaise for all the taste but fewer calories).
Their menu provides tons of nutrient rich options! You’ll most likely leave with a calorie filled belly, but feel good that your leaving with a nutrient filled one too. Including egg and non-egg options, here are my picks for BNOs (Best Nutritional Options: My educated guess at the healthiest options on a menu.)
- “Build Your Own” Omelet (add tons of veggies and go light on the cheese)
- Surfer Girl (no sour cream)
- Any Bennie (ask for light on the hollandaise)
- Old fashioned oatmeal (try cinnamon, pecans, blueberries, and raisins for toppings)
- “Chili” Verde Huevos Rancheros (no skillet potatoes)
- Farmers Market Skillet
- Wild Mushroom Veggie Burger (for a heavier meal)
- Puttin on the Ritz
- Spin-N-Chicken Salad
- Taco Salad (served on lettuce, no tortilla shell)
- Pork or Vegetarian Chili
*For meals, trade out skillet potatoes for plain grits
Lauren Henson, Director of Marketing for Wild Eggs, states “Wild Eggs strives to be ‘over-the-top’ accommodating for our customers. We hope to meet any specific nutritional need to the best of our ability. Please ask to talk to our chefs personally to help meet your needs in any way.” Lauren also informed us that….
- Gluten free bread is available
- The pico de gallo and guacamole is made fresh, in house daily
- Wild Eggs purchases from several local vendors
Local Vendors/Products Used:
Thank you Lauren for giving us a look inside Wild Eggs! I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!!