Guess what…I DO NOT LIKE BROCCOLI. I am not kidding. I really am not a fan. But guess who does randomly? My “I don’t like vegetables” husband. So, the other night when I asked him what side he wanted and he said broccoli, I had no choice! I had to figure out a way to make it taste good for me if he was willing to eat it, right?! I’m talking some serious vitamin C people!!
You’ll never believe it….but this recipe is SO GOOD….like French fries good….I’m not lying!!
Tastes Fried Broccoli (4 servings)
- 2 bushels fresh broccoli
- 4 tbls minced garlic
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil (1 1/2 tbls set aside)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tbls dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut broccoli florets from stalk (discard stalks) and cut florets in half. Lay flat on baking sheet.
- Mix garlic in olive oil and drizzle on broccoli. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until some of the floret tips are browned.
- Toss hot broccoli in 1 1/2 tbls olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan, and basil. Serve warm.
- 211 Calories
- 20g Fat
- 4g Saturated fat
- 7mg Cholesterol
- 106mg Sodium
- 4g Carbohydrates
- 6g Protein