Need to squeeze breakfast in on the go? Now you can…and it’s delicious! The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it your own! You can remove anything you don’t like and add things that you do! I’ve made these a couple different ways now, and they always turn out delicious!
Frozen Breakfast Burritos (6 burritos)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1 cup diced fingerling potatoes (Rootbound Farm, St. Matthews Farmers Market)
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup black beans
- 4oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, sauté potatoes until soft (about 3-4 min).
- Add in onion and pepper, sauté until soft (about 2 min).
- Add in black beans.
- Add in eggs, mix until cooked through.
- Lay out tortillas on wax paper, spread mixture evenly. Sprinkle with cheese, pepper to taste.
- Wrap burrito in wax paper, freeze immediately.
- Unwrap burrito and loosely wrap in paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute on each side. Let cool, enjoy!