Pan Fried Quinoa Patties (makes about 8 patties)
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 cups kale, cleaned, deveined, chopped small
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ yellow (or white) onion, diced small
- 1 bushel green onion, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ cup finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more for frying)
- Mix cooked quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, green onion and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in pan over medium heat. Sautee onion and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
- Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumb. Mix well.
- Form patties using ½ cup of mixture.
- On clean pan over medium heat, add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Pan fry patties in oil approximately 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition: (per patty)
- 228 Calories
- 13g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 76mg Cholesterol
- 502mg Sodium
- 40g Carbohydrate
- 13g Protein
Note: Per patty, you meet 106% of your Vitamin A needs for the day and 67% of your Vitamin C needs