WARNING: These are healthy, but SPICY! I LOVE spice, but its not for everyone. To decrease the heat, decrease the amount of adobo sauce used – use as little as a couple tablespoons.
Spicy Fish Tacos
- 4 lbs tilapia (diced in 2 inch pieces)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 12 tbls minced garlic
- 4 tbls olive oil
- 16oz light sour cream
- 7oz can adobo sauce with peppers (remove peppers, use sauce only)
- 4 tbls lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Black and Red seafood seasoning (Penzey’s Spice – Option: Old Bay)
- 45 small corn tortillas
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 5 lime wedges, frothed
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- Place 1 lb of diced fish with 1/4 of marinade ingredients in each bag. Mix and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Mix sauce ingredients and refrigerate until served.
- Chop tomatoes, limes, and cilantro for serving.
- Place fish on baking sheet (did about a pound and 1/2 on one large baking sheet and cooked all in about 3 rounds of broiling) and broil on high for about 7 minutes.
- Per taco: 3-4 pieces of fish, cabbage, tomato, sauce, cilantro, and squeezed lime juice from lime wedge
*Dish was served with jasmine rice and guacamole
*Remember, for a quick fish taco night (with a lot less heat), try my Breezy Fish Tacos
Nutrition (per serving)
- 380 Calories
- 10g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 76mg Cholesterol
- 148mg Sodium
- 35g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fiber
- 34g Protein