My take on a Bruschetta Pizza and my first reduction sauce! I would serve this with a soup or as an appetizer.
Bruschetta Pizza (with Balsamic Reduction Sauce)
Ingredients (per 1 flat bread)
- Flatbread (I used FlatOut Harvest Wheat found at Kroger)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pat of butter
- At 375, toast flat bread in oven directly on rack for 3 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese, then place back on oven rack for 5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Top with onion, basil and sauce.
- Cut into fourths, it will be a bit messy:)
Reduction Sauce (make at the end for the first time, but after you know what you’re doing, you can make sauce while pizza bakes for 2nd time)
- Heat pan over medium heat and add vinegar. Swirl liquid at a low boil until vinegar has reduced by 2/3. (You should end up with 1/3 cup sauce). Once reduced, add butter and continue to swirl until butter is melted. Pour over pizza.
Nutrition (1/2 of flat bread)
- 213 Calories
- 11g Fat
- 7g Saturated Fat
- 40mg Cholesterol
- 580mg Sodium
- 21g Carbohydrate
- 5g Fiber
- 10g Protein