D-licious! Prepare to be a celebrity at your house…a celebrity cook that is. Throw this awesome, adjustable recipe together and blow them all away!
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Makes 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast (Suggestion: Try local! Farmer’s market season is just around the corner. Support your body and local farmers by purchasing local, organically grown chicken.)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- Any fresh produce you want! (Suggestions: broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, jalapenos, cabbage, onion, etc. This is a great way to clean out the fridge!)
- 1 cup dry brown rice, cooked
- Cook rice according to package directions. Should make about 2 cups cooked.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, soy sauce, ginger, pepper flakes and garlic.
- Chop chicken into small pieces and place in bowl. Stir to cover in marinade then refrigerate while you cook vegetables.
- In large pan, heat 1 tbls oil over medium heat. Add frozen vegetables and sauté until defrosted. Add raw vegetables and continue sautéing until slightly soft. Set aside.
- In same pan, heat 1 tbls oil. Add chicken, setting remaining marinade aside for later. Cook until no longer pink in the middle. Due to marinade coloring, you will have to cut your larger pieces to see if cooked through.
- Add back vegetables and marinade. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook on low for 5 min.
- Serve over rice. Add extra red pepper flakes to garnish for a hotter dish!
- 455 Calories
- 10g Fat
- 1.6g Sat Fat
- 0g Cholesterol
- 794mg Sodium
- 59g Carb
- 5.1g Fiber
- 25.4g protein